A very big thank you to The Sicilian Mama for my nomination of the Liebster Award…which I am very late to accept! Truthfully, I abandoned ship a bit this summer as my family and I have spent time visiting family and friends. So a big thank you Sicilian Mama for taking the time to nominate me. I am truly floored at your sweet gesture to select my blog. And dear readers, if you have not visited The Sicilian Mama please do…you will love her fun– sometimes blunt– commentary on life. As she puts it: “giving you advice you haven’t asked for since 2017.” Now who doesn’t need a Sicilian Mama to guide you. 🙂
- What show are you binge-watching right now? Now binge watching is something I really cannot do with a four year old, but when I can tuck myself away I’m watching This is Us, truly a wonderful, heart-wrenching show. This is made possible through a DVR. I’m almost finished with last season…so you see, binge watching is termed a bit different for me. I admire the time some have in watching an entire series in one weekend–this does not happen with little ones!
- What are you reading now? (comics, food packets, toilet roll patterns, anything counts) Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog.
- What’s the worst bit of advice anyone has ever given you? Advice that deviates from given standards/laws. A person giving me this sort of advice will not get my endorsement–period!!!
- What’s your favorite food/dish ever? I don’t have a favorite food dish…why choose one when there are so many. But I wouldn’t mind Korean Bibimbap right now. It’s a rice dish with mixed with vegetables, meat, an egg, and chili pepper paste. But I love Italian too–spaghetti carbonara. Yum!
- Tell us about a time when you found yourself in a pickle. Hmm…see a Shakespeare play or attend a close friend’s son’s birthday party. Of course, I chose Shakespeare; however, I did stop by the birthday party too!
- Tell us something funny your child said or you said when you were a child. When asking my son why he does something; he always responds, “Because I did.”
- What’s your favorite color and why? Green. Who doesn’t love the great outdoors.
- If you were a dog, what would you be? I really don’t know. I’ve had Beagles and love my Maltese. Most likely one of those breeds. I love being outdoors, but I also like being pampered. 🙂
- If you could be a fairy tale character, which would you choose? Mulan. I wouldn’t want to be a damsel in distress. I like to fight my own battles.
- If you could ask advice from an all-knowing and all-wise person, what would you ask? (lottery numbers excluded) Have I been a good and faithful servant?
- Can you swim? How old were you when you learned? Yes. I believe I was 8. My father decided I needed lessons after almost drowning in a lake. Thank goodness a lady yanked me out. God sends us the right people at the right times. I am truly blessed!
I follow many wonderful bloggers and truly your blogs are amazing! However, many of you already have this award, and I would like to encourage others to discover these three very deserving sites.
For my nominees, please accept this award. If you do not have the time, no worries at all. I understand! Please know that I am truly enjoying your thoughts. Wishing you all the best on your blogging journey! 🙂
- Why do you blog?
- How did your blog name come about?
- What goals do you have for your writing/blog?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What do you like least about blogging?
- What causes are you passionate about?
- If you could pack your bags tomorrow and visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What skill are you trying to acquire/improve upon at the moment?
- What is your favorite motivation quote?
- If you could be a fairy tale character, which would you choose?
- Which of your posts are you most proud of? Please share a link.